вторник, 23 февраля 2016 г.

I am lucky to have met lots of nice people


The interview with Maxim Efimov, a writer, blogger, political refugee, civil journalist.
- Dear Maxim, please tell us about yourself in short. - I graduated from the Russian philology faculty, my major was Russian language and literature. While I was a student, I was engaged in human rights activities. I founded the Karelian branch of Youth Human Rights Group and was head of the regional branch of "Amnesty International" in Karelia. I also published a human rights and anti-fascist newspaper Zero Hour, magazines, and brochures. I used to organize a number of educational projects for pupils and students of Petrozavodsk. I also participated in the projects of the Moscow Helsinki Group, drafting reports on human rights violations in the Republic of Karelia. - How does it feel to be a political refugee in the West? - Being a political refugee is better than a political prisoner or a patient in a mental hospital in Russia. I am lucky. While in Russia, I faced the illegal persecution, and in the West, many people have expressed solidarity with me. Wonderful, very smart and famous people help me! I could call them as spiritual guides and the salt of the earth. - How have you discovered Ukraine for yourself? - For the first time, I came there when I was a child. I visited Odessa. Apparently, my sense of humor was shaped there. When I was a student, I went to the Crimea - Saki. I traveled a bit in the Crimea. I had a lot of fun: the Sun, the sea, easy-going students and "real" Massandra wine for 4 hryvnias. Then I was a participant of the international project "The philosophy of human rights", that took place in the Western Ukraine. Most intelligent people of America and Poland taught us, Russian and Ukrainians, the philosophy of human rights. Young Ukrainian women, whom I met abroad, have made me delighted with their level of civil responsibility, thoughts, responsiveness, empathy and interpersonal skills. - What were your first impressions about Ukrainians and Ukraine? - I am lucky to have met lots of nice people. There are only decent people, mainly young scientists, among my Ukrainian friends. I have visited Kiev, Odessa, Lviv, Dnipropetrovsk, the Crimea and several town. Everywhere I found something interesting and entertaining. - What do you think about the political situation in Ukraine? - I'm so sorry for Ukraine and Ukrainians. I think that there are just few decent people, and it’s not enough for building a prosperous country. Just like in Russia. - Please comment on the annexation of the Crimea. - This is an international crime committed by the mafia and the criminal state called Russia. - What would you advise the Ukrainians? - Putin’s evil deeds and crimes against humanity should be the subject of the International Criminal Court. Regarding my friends, please stay strong. - How do you see Ukraine in the nearest future? - I see it as a prosperous, democratic European state. Interviewed by Inna Romani https://www.facebook.com/457438034448068/photos/a.463453443846527.1073741828.457438034448068/463453393846532/?type=3&theater

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий