вторник, 8 марта 2016 г.

My book about Antwerp "Antwerpen door de ogen van een Russische vluchteling – Impressies en interviews"


In Estonia i have printed my fourth book. It is about Antwerp "Antwerpen door de ogen van een Russische vluchteling – Impressies en interviews" The first part of the book is in Dutch. This is a translation of my diary, which I did, living in Antwerp. I have written about the Gay Pride, the neo-fascist propaganda of the Kremlin, stripklub and prostitutes, the museums, the Flemish poetry, the cathedral, literature, the restaurants, etc. The second part of the book (in English) is my journalistic work: an interview with well-known in Antwerp and abroad people. This is my talks with famouse people and intellectuals. There are writers, musicians, poets, translators, comedians, human rights activists, politicians among them, but basically the writers. This is quite logical, because last year I lived and worked on my books in Antwerp, thanks the invitation of the Flemish PEN Center. I interviewed outstanding people with a big heart. These interviews are valuable not only because they are simply interesting, exciting, but more because they provoke thinking, indicate the existence of another world: a reasonable, fair, kind, humane spiritual. Annelies Verbeke: “I am a writer in the first place” Erik Strieleman and Katrien Scheir: “We even criticize the hands that feed us!” Joke van Leeuwen: “Being part of what happens in the world” Ingrid Vander Veken: “I am one who loves to learn and discover” Leki: “Just be yourself” Lotte Dodion: “Everything is about love” Maarten Tengbergen: “I decided to study Russian after a period of searching, wondering, and mental depression” Michael Vandebril: “Antwerp is a capital of books” Mustafa Kör: “When I write poems, they are mainly about love” Peter Holvoet-Hanssen: “I am a free poet-singer, not a clerk” Babl: “It’s just another form of slavery” Bart Janssen: “Opportunities will come on your path” Annemarie Gielen: “The reason for denying entrance were my contact with the Chechen resistance” Ludo Van Campenhout: “We only ask one thing: respect each other and respect the government” Nigel Williams: “I don’t believe in God, but I think I am more Christian than most Christians” Sven Peeters: “I am a real Antwerp Chauvinist” Maxim Efimov: “The Russian authorities... are pretty primitive people, who understand only the language of force. Their goal is not the development of the State and society, but power control, self-affirmation, and theft” In my book, readers will be able to feel the great spirit of Antwerp and it great people. I dedicated the book to my mom. I would like to thank everyone who helped me in my work on the book. And especially my wonderful translator Maarten Tengbergen, "the Dutchman with a Russian soul", which is used to translate the Maxim Gorky, and now he translates Maxim Efimov. Maarten has made a great contribution to the promotion of Russian literature in Belgium and deserves the gratitude of the Russian people and the Russian state awards. And my thanks to my gorgeous Canadian editor Jonathan Ruano de la Haza. The book can be read in electronic form: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/antwerpen-door-de-ogen-van-een-russische-vluchteling-impressies-en-interviews And soon it will be possible to buy in the famous bookstore of Antwerp De Groene Waterman. Maxim Efimov, a writer, political refugee, blogger, citizen journalist, human rights activist

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий